Frequently Asked Questions F.A.Qs
1. What causes the cake to be heavy?
A. Over whisking. The batter should be whisked until a few streaks of flour remain which means whisking for about 1 minute.
2. What causes cake to be dry?
A. To avoid cake from getting dry or crumbly, use the ingredients as stated on the package and the correct baking times for the pan being used. If the cake is baked for too long, it will become dry.
▪ Set a timer and check the cake for doneness. #toothpicktest
3. What causes holes in the cake?
A. It is caused by bubbles that did not escape when cake is baked. You can tap the pan with the batter on the counter before placing in the oven.
▪ Make sure cake is placed in the center of the oven rack.
▪ Ensure oven is at correct temperature and use an oven thermometer if necessary.
4. Is the mix allergen friendly?
A. Yes, it is dairy free and egg free.
5. Can I substitute the oil needed for the mix?
A. No, there is a chemistry behind our mix which is why we recommend vegetable oil.
6. Is your mix Keto?
A. No it isn’t.
7. Do we need any special equipment to make the cake?
A. No, only a whisk, mixing bowl and measuring cup.
8. How many cupcakes does the mix make?
A. Our 1lb package makes 12 cupcakes, two 6 inch round cakes or one 8/9 inch round cake.
8. How can the cake be stored?
A. Store at room temperature for 3-4 days in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap with or without icing.
▪ If coconut milk or drip chocolate or other perishable ingredient is added in frosting to the cake, it should be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in an air tight container as it will become dehydrated.
▪ Unfrosted cake can be stored in the freezer for 2 months wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil and place in a zip lock bag. It should be placed in the fridge the day before needed to defrost.
9. Do you have any vegan frosting recipes?
A. Yes, please check out our blog post and our Instagram pages
10. How to contact Pebbles Pastries?
A. We are an online store, with business hours Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm, and we can be contacted by emailing us at email@example.com